Wednesday, August 5, 2015

August 2015 is all about Late Nights and Creative time

This month's post comes a few days after the official start of August. As the summer progresses, I find my personal schedule changes quite a bit.I have always been a bit of a night owl, but it seems that during the summer months, the late nights become even later. Maybe that's because it's a bit cooler after the sun goes down. It's just so easy to sleep in some days and stay up late creating.

I am juggling quite a few things in my personal life right now, but am very happy to say that a regular editorial calendar is one step closer to fruition. I still struggle with the frequency of posting. Mostly because, once I write an article or blog post, I want to share it right away. It's so hard to write a post and store it for later, but slowly, I am acquiring a small cache of posts for you. As always, I have a tendency to write/talk quite a bit and I know you must be anxious for inspiration and scrapbook layouts. So let's get to it!

How Our Life Has Changed by Christy Strickler |Supplies Cardstock: Bazzill;Letters: American Crafts; Tape: Freckled Fawn; Transparency, Enamel Dots: Shimelle; Pocket Card, Stickers: Cocoa Daisy; Chipboard, Button: Crate Paper; Other: Tag;Inspired by a Sketch and Story Starter from Simple Scrapper Premium Membership








I found this photo of my husband and I on an old key chain. I extracted it and used the clear plastic frame from the key chain over the top of the photo. It adds some nice dimension. I placed a few enamel dots over the spots where I used liquid adhesive. The adhesive was a bit splotchy and I didn't care for how it looked. I had a general idea about when the photo was taken, but not an exact one. This made it the perfect candidate for a generalized story about how our lives have changed since my husband and I first met.

I have another layout from Simple Scrapper to share with you, but first, I need to edit the video that goes with it. Meanwhile, there are already a few new articles on the MSE main website. I also have a monthly recap of the top stories from July to keep you occupied until the next article is published. Happy Crafting Everyone!








This posts contains affiliate links when possible. Please shop your stash first, but should you find you need something, consider supporting MSE.

Most of these supplies are originally from a Cocoa Daisy Kit. I am not an affiliate but I am a subscriber!



View blog post for supplies











Simple Scrapper Premium Membership: Includes support and resources for supply and scrap room organization, suggestions for simplifying your memory keeping process, story starters and sketches. Get More Information.










2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Marina ( Mindful Memory Keeping)! It took a bit of work and I still want to keep tweaking it.

      Delete