Friday, June 26, 2015

Who is Ready for a Vacation? This Girl!


It's been a long tiring week full of blogging, planning and blogging some more. The work doesn't bother me but I know my mind needs a rest. When I saw the latest kit from Traci Reed Designs, traveling and rest were all I could think of. Sure, I have travel photos to document( and I will get to those) but really, I just needed to daydream a little. I don't have any travel plans on the horizon but that didn't stop me from making some new luggage tags!

DIY Hybrid Luggage Tags by Christy Strickler |Supplies Digital Kit: All year Round Destinations by Traci Reed Designs and Jady Day Studio; Tag: Deflecto Craft Solutions; Twine: True Hemp



















The tags were super easy to make. All you need is an empty pouch, patterned paper and some travel themed die cuts. Digital kits are perfect for the tags because you can print anything from them, including buttons. It's best keep your tag relatively flat. Hence the use of the die cuts. You don't want anything lumpy that might get snagged on one of luggage carousels at the airport. Speaking of which, I did add twine to make the tags look good in the photo. You don't want  twine tassels when you tie these tags onto your suitcase. Trim all the ends. Loose twine can easily get snagged in a  machine. In fact, you might just want to replace the twine with a carabiner hook, a key chain cable ring or a combo of both. These tags would also be perfect for your kid's school bags. In which case, break out all the lumpy embellishments and twine tassels that you want.

Really, it's probably a good thing to make the luggage tags ahead of time. You and I both know that if a vacation were in the works, spending time crafting would be put on the back burner in order to pack. So even if you don't have travel plans any time soon, I say you should break out those travel supplies and create something with them!







This posts contains affiliate links when possible. Please shop your stash first, but should you find you need something, consider supporting MSE.


All Year Round Destinations from Traci Reed Designs and Jady Day Studio


Visit Deflecto to find a retailer near you or purchase supplies through Amazon.























The Deflecto Reversible Pouch can also be used to make a mini album.


Follow My Scrapbook Evolution's board Motif-Have Suitcase, Will Travel! on Pinterest.




No comments:

Post a Comment