Monday, May 18, 2015

Scrapbook Challenges: A Quick Round Up for May Challenges

So far, May has been an interesting month...and not always in a good way. It's my goal to have all of my blog posts written and posted ahead of time. A few things have thrown me off track this month (including regular power outages and a sick cat). I managed to go through all of my written and scheduled posts in a blur! Despite those things, I have been working hard to find a new balance to my summer schedule and hope to be back on track very soon. Meanwhile, several challenges have posted over at the Scrapbook Challenges blog and I would be remiss if I didn't share my take on them.

Halloween Under the Sea by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper: Studio Calico; Letters, Chip Board, Die Cuts: Basic Grey; Rub-Ons: Fancy Pants; Flair: Panda Eight Designs; Glitter Glue: Stickles















This month's Mood board is reminiscent of a sunset. Soft purples and oranges mix together with yellow and peach for an artsy feel.  Despite the sunset feel of the layout, I chose to focus on the color scheme. It's also perfect for Halloween photos. I managed to mix in a few summer themed items for this Halloween picture of my son with some Sea Witches.

Keep Calm and Just Be by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper: Studio Calico, October Afternoon, Cocoa Daisy; Traci Reed Designs; Letters: October Afternoon; Chipboard: Studio Calico, My Mind's Eye: Flowers: Freckled Fawn, Sassafrass; Punch: Ek Success; Other: Doily, tape; Based on Scrapbook Challenges Sketch # 175








Flashback Friday continues with sketch #175. I manged to make this page from all scraps. That was quite a nice little victory for me. 

Just a Little Bit of History by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants, Cocoa Daisy; Letters: Alison Kreft, American Crafts; Watercolor: Yasutomo; Enamel Dots, Chipboard: My Mind's Eye; Die Cuts: Elle's Studio; Based on Scrapbook Challenges Sketch # 440










Sketch #440 posted earlier this morning. This page ended up being a new favorite for me. I wasn't too sure of the supplies at first but they came together wonderfully for a page that has a mixed feel between fresh and traditional.

These are just a few of the challenges available to inspire you from the Scrapbook Challenges site. Be sure to stop by to see additional inspiration from the SBC sketch crew. I do have additional thoughts to share for all of these pages. It is just a matter of me re-balancing my current home life schedule with all the time I want to spend creating and blogging. Stay Tuned....




1 comment: