Sunday, May 31, 2015

In the Know: What's Happening at Simple Scrapper- June


I just couldn't wait much longer to share my layouts with you! Normally, I start the month off by sharing  a few of my pages for Simple Scrapper. I decided to share a little early.( Close enough to the new month, right?) I will explain why further down in the post. First, I wanted to clarify how Simple Scrapper has helped me out.

Much of the time, when I bring up Simple Scrapper in conversation, a few of my friends mention that they don't think membership is for them since they don't have a simple scrapbooking style. I always find this interesting since I would say my style of memory keeping is anything but simple. I have been a Premium Member for (well, it feels like I have always been a member) over a year and a half. I love Simple Scrapper so much that I joined their creative team and became an affiliate.

So what exactly do I get from my membership?
- Inspiration to find deeper stories from my photos
- Spark magazine( for members only)
-An archive of sketches and story starters
-Access to an active and friendly community of memory keepers
- Most importantly, support and constructive ideas to help me organize my supplies.
-Tips for simplifying my scrapbooking process.(That's really where the idea of Simple Scrapper comes into play)

 Each month, there is a new set of sketches along with an entire set of story prompts based around a theme. The layouts that I share are just a little peek into the story and sketch inspiration available at Simple Scrapper. Ready to see how I was inspired this month?

Going to Disney: Rain or Shine by Christy Strickler |Supplies Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Sandylion; Letters: Basic Grey, American Crafts; Tape: Jenni Bowlin;Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye; Stickers: Hallmark, EK Success; Freckled Fawn, October Afternoon; Inspired by a Sketch and Story Starter from Simple Scrapper Premium Membership









Using the story prompts and sketches from the premium membership as a guide allows me to free myself to experiment a bit.Take this page,for example. I love the look of big photos on layouts but I don't always think to use them without a gentle reminder( this time courtesy of Simple Scrapper). The large photo sets the stage but the real highlights of this layout for me are the pictures of the kids.




The Animal Garden by Christy Strickler |Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill;Patterned Paper: Crate Paper; Transparency: Studio Calico; Letters: American Crafts; Die Cuts, Stickers: My Mind's Eye; Other: Ribbon;  Inspired by a Sketch and Story Starter from Simple Scrapper Premium Membership












Have I mentioned before that I can get lazy about the details of the story? I have a tendency to just write down the basic information but not go much into detail. Once again, prompts from the Simple Scrapper premium membership reminded me to dig a bit further into the details. Really, it's a reminder that telling more of a story isn't all that much more work that  just jotting down the basic facts.


Now it's time to tell you why I am posting a bit early. Simple Scrapper currently has a promotion going on which will save you toward the cost of membership. This discount ends on May 31st. So please act fast if you are interested.I do need to disclose that I am an affiliate, but, as you might have noticed, I use and love the Simple Scrapper Premium Membership. I wouldnt' recommend it if I didn't think it wasn't a good thing to be a part of.  Click here for more details.










This posts contains affiliate links when possible. Please shop your stash first, but should you find you need something, consider supporting MSE.

Many of the Disney Supplies I used for my layout have been in my stash for awhile. There are some lovely new updated options available.



View blog post for supplies






No comments:

Post a Comment