Saturday, May 2, 2015

A look back at past iNSD Celebrations

Scrapbooking with my friends at Get It Scrapped on iNSD has become a little bit of a tradition for me. I don't have regular crop events here in the Bahamas so it's nice to be able to meet up with others and just create. Get It Scrapped live crops aren't like the ones held in message boards. It's an actual live meeting similar to google hangouts but instead it occurs in the Get It Scrapped classroom. Instead of reserving a table in a convention hall, we sit down in our home creative spaces and plug in our headsets. We snack. We talk. We talk a lot.Sometimes, people shop. We share about life in general. Kids and pets are often playing in the background. No one minds.Some of us share our webcams. I usually have mine focused on my workspace so people can watch me crop. A few digital scrapbookers share their screens and you can watch them work live. The best part of it all is that I don't have to pack up my supplies and take them somewhere else.

My goal today is to make four layouts. We'll see how that goes. Meanwhile, I thought I would share look at a few past pages from iNSD.

In 2013, I had the honor of being a guest for Shimelle.com.  I enjoyed making this layout about my son on a homeschool field trip to a local pond.
















In 2014, I managed to make six layouts during the iNSD crop. This one was my favorite of the six pages I made. I wasn't feeling very motivated last year which I find kind of ironic since I finished so many layouts. Perhaps I should rethink my goal and try to beat six pages. I am definitely feeling more creative this year. So how did I make so many layouts? I used a lot of sketches. I think that's going to be the key to my productivity again this year.










If you would like to join us at the live crop head on over to the Get It Scrapped forums. You must be a community member to join the crop, but both the community and crop are free. Trust me when I say that it's a whole lot of fun! I hope to see you there!

Additional Resources
6 steps to a stress free National Scrapbooking Day - from fellow Get It Scrapped Design Team Member Margereta  Carlsson

Follow My Scrapbook Evolution's board Sketches on Pinterest.

Follow My Scrapbook Evolution's board Prompted on Pinterest.












No comments:

Post a Comment