Saturday, April 25, 2015

Scrapbooking with a Rain Motif

I am a pluviofile. That's a fancy way of saying that I love the rain. I find rainy days to be calming and quite beautiful. Some of my fondest memories include puddle jumping with my grandparents. Perhaps it's because of them that I always let my son play in the rain every chance he gets. A little rain is never anything to be afraid of and it's a wonderful opportunity to take some awesome candid photos.

Now of course, being both a memory keeper and a pluviofile means I love to hoard supplies with the rainy day motif.You can imagine my delight when I saw the latest kit from Traci Reed Designs and Jady Day Studio. Being part of Traci's design team meant that there was no way I was going to hoard these supplies. Nope. My first choice was to go out and splash in the rain with my teenage son. Sadly, the weather didn't cooperate. It's times like these that I am grateful I never got around to scrapbooking all of his early childhood photos.

Rain Rain Don't Go Away by Christy Strickler |Supplies Cardstock: Bazzill, Jewel: Pinkfresh Studio; Digital Kit- All Year Round Precipitations by Traci Reed Designs and Jady Day Studio; based on inspiration from the Simple Scrapper Premium membership













With my schedule packed full this week, I chose to lean on some inspiration from Simple Scrapper. This particular layout is based on an 8.5 x 11 template.  I am not used to working on a canvas smaller than 12x12 which makes this a great opportunity to stretch my design style. I did end up allowing myself to work a little outside the 8.5 x 11 boundaries and loved the results. I seem to be on a trend of  scattering small items such as sequins around my layouts. Here, I chose to use some small heart die cuts. I popped then up over the tops of hearts in the patterned paper.

Weather layouts like these are always a favorite of mine. They start off with pictures I love and product that I adore which combine to make a wonderful page.

Are you a pluviofile too? Do you collect and use the rain motif? What are you favorite rain themed products?

Supply Options
This posts contains affiliate links when possible. Please shop your stash first, but should you find you need something, consider supporting MSE.

All Year Round Precipitations by Traci Reed Designs and Jady Day Studio















Additional Resources

Follow My Scrapbook Evolution's board Motif- Rain Rain Don't Go Away on Pinterest.

Ideas for Recording the Weather on your Scrapbook Pages. an article from the Get It Scrapped Blog







No comments:

Post a Comment