Tuesday, March 3, 2015

LOAD215: Progress Report 3

The month of February is over, but I still have a few layouts to share from LOAD215. I am pretty pleased with the pages I created this year. I took a little time to look back at the layouts I made for LOAD214. In comparison, this year's pages have more detail and feel more finished. I have a small stack of last year's pages that I feel need just a bit more embellishing. Both years, I felt short on time. I am not sure I can blame this lack of embellishing on time as this year I really felt spot on with the embellishments I chose. I can conclude that, quite possibly, this year I am a bit more enthusiastic and that also, I have grown quite a bit in regard to embellishing and layering. Perhaps there is a need to do a few posts with a before and after aspect as I go back to those older pages. Meanwhile, let's get to sharing this year's layouts.


The best way for me to use a grid design is to make sure I use a wonky grid. I was pleased with the way this page came together thanks to some inspiration from the past.














This page was a great opportunity for me to mix older papers with some new embellishments. I used past papers from my Studio Calico kits with a few heart embellishments that I recently acquired. You might not notice, but I was having an issues with my sewing machine when I made this layout.











A great opportunity to use my school themed supplies showing the interaction between my son and our kitten during the homeschool day.















I was very excited to scrapbook this year's Valentine's Day photos. So I printed them right away.















I was thinking about this month's Kraft Plus challenges color palette when I made this page. I find the lightbulb motif works well with academic themed papers.















I am still way off prompt for most of my pages. Still, I love what I am making and I am inspired to tell stories. It would seem that for every page I make for LOAD that I just want to make more.

Additional Resources

LOAD215 Week One Progress report

LOAD215 Progress Report 2



1 comment:

  1. So many great pages!! I love the freestyle approach to the Groot page!!

    ReplyDelete