Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Game On! The Last Day to Play

The last day of the month is both an ending and a beginning. Many of the submissions for crafty games and challenges must be complete by tonight. New games and challenges will post tomorrow and in the coming week. As with all challenges, I set my goals high. I wanted to do all of my design team work and then make projects for every challenge that inspired me. That's a bit unrealistic and obviously, there was not enough time to do all of the creating that I desired. Making time to create is partially about the planning. It's also about taking opportunities when they come along. This morning, I found myself with about an hour to play. It was just enough time to finish up one more layout for the month.

Must Love Books by Christy Strickler |Supplies Cardstock: Bazzill; Pattened Paper, Letters: Lawn Fawn; Stickers: Lawn Fawn, October Afternoon; Glitter Glue: Stickles; Chipboard: Pinkfresh Studios: Based on a sketch for Kraft Challenges-March 2015












When time is short, you grab the closest supplies to hand and work with what you have. On my desk were remnants of  a kit collection featuring papers about books and reading. I have worked on a couple of layouts this month about my son's reading habits through the years. I must admit that it felt good to use up so much of that reading themed paper. Why not make another page about books? After all, I knew where I had at least one more photo of my son with a book in his hands.

I chose to work with the March Kraft+ Challenge. It featured a sketch and asked for the use of something with a bit of glimmer. My initial thought for the sketch was to use strips of paper. However, the patterns I had on hand didn't read well as small strips and I didn't have time to search my supplies. Instead, I pulled out my sewing machine and stitched a textured background. It was just what I needed and the layout came together quickly.

I am pretty pleased with my scrapbooking endeavors this month. Along with my usual design team projects, I managed to create and share a few pages for challenges and just for the fun of it.I made use of new kit clubs products as well as kitting then using up older supplies. I managed to beat my personal Calvinball goal, all the while having fun and doing what I love best: memory keeping.

The month may be almost over but you still have time to share a final project. The only question is who you might share that project with. If you are really short on time, don't worry. New challenges have and are being posted for April. 




Supply Options




This posts contains affiliate links when possible. They help support MSE. 








No comments:

Post a Comment