Sunday, February 1, 2015

Welcome February!


February is here. That means it is the first day of LOAD 215. This month will be jampacked with scrapooking activity on my part. I have decided to add a little additional challenge for myself this month. I want to try to use a sketch on every LOAD layout I complete. I will be drawing on sketches from the archive of  Scrapbook Challenges, from the sketches available to Simple Scrapper Premium Members, my sketch Pinterest board, and from the templates available as part of the Get It Scrapped membership. I also have my Scrapbook and Cards Today monthly planner from 2014. Each month featured a Page Maps sketch. I never used any of them. Time to change that.

I will do my very best to keep up with sharing my LOAD 215 progress here on the blog. Meanwhile, I have a lot of great content to share...including today's projects.

No Longer Scared of Goats by Christy Strickler |Supplies Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper, Die Cuts: October Afteroon; Flowers: Pebbles, Maya Road; Wood Veneer: Studio Calico; Punches: Fiskars; Other: Buttons; Inspired by a Sketch and Story Starter from Simple Scrapper Premium Membership









This could have been a simple petting farm layout. Instead, I used a prompt from Simple Scrapper to tell a different story. When my son was small, an overzealous goat scared him. It took years of me taking him to petting farms and being patient with him before he realized not all goats are aggressive.There are 2 things I love about this page. 1. the story 2. I love that I was able to use up some older papers and supplies. 


Are We There Yet by Christy Strickler |Supplies Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper, Die Cuts, Letters: Jillibean Soup; Wood Veneer: Jillibean Soup, Pinkfresh Studios; Tissue Paper: Studio Calico; ink: Sei;Stickers: Jillibean Soup,Twine and Ink; Other: Doily, tag;Inspired by a Sketch and Story Starter from Simple Scrapper Premium Membership








Living on an island means travel by plane is inevitable. I never in a million years imagined that I would fly by jet plane so many times or that it would become a common place activity for my son. Which brings me to this layout.This is a typical photo that I would shoot and generally place in a Project Life Spread. By using a prompt from Simple Scrapper, I was able to bring a special story to a common photo.

Now it's time to get busy scrapbooking. That first LOAD 215 prompt is calling my name. If you are looking for a fun challenge and want to use more of your tools and stash, check out this month's challenge in the Get It Scrapped Forums. We will be using our stamps.





Supply Options 


View blog post for supplies



Additional Resources


Find templates and design inspiration in the Get It Scrapped Membership.
Click here to view more details









Enjoy a large selection of templates with the Simple Scrapper Premium Membership.Click here for more details.












No comments:

Post a Comment