Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Scrapbook Challenges: Say What!?!?

The latest challenge is now up on the Scrapbook Challenges blog. It's  a journaling challenge with a focus on using a funny quote or conversation. At first, this one had me stumped. I set the challenge aside for a bit, thinking I would come back to it and begin with a chosen quote. However, as I flipped through my December photos, I came across a photo of my son with our holiday ham. It was perfect to tell a tale about a conversation we had with him when he was younger.

What Part of the Pig by Christy Strickler |Supplies Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Crate Paper, October Afternoon; Letter's Elle's Studio; Wood Veneer: Freckled Fawn, Studio Calico; Stickers: Lilybee; Chipboard: My Mind's Eye; Die Cuts: Studio Calico; Stamp: Kelly Purkey; Ink: Staz-on; Flowers: Sassafrass, Maya Road; Other Tag, Twine; Based on a Page Maps Sketch; Inspired by a prompt from Scrapbook Challenges






During Easter dinner, my son suddenly blurted out a question, " What part of the pig is this?" We told him that it was the leg. He then asked," So you just chop his leg off and  the pig is just walking around?" It was very random and unexpected. Of course, everyone at the table was laughing hysterically. I didn't have a photo of my son at dinner that day. Instead, I used this one to share the tale. The story is a lot more interesting than just creating a layout featuring our Christmas ham.

Since this is a page about a pig, I chose a pink patterned paper as my canvas. As luck would have it, there was a pig themed carving chart available in an older studio calico kit ( what are the odds of that). I also added in other pig elements such as the fussy cut vintage pig and the wood veneer shapes. The striped paper is a fun addition. I added in gingham flowers to complete the farm theme of the page. It's a nice mix of old stash with new.

Don't forget to check out the journaling challenge. You can submit your take on the scrapbook challenges website.


1 comment: