Monday, February 23, 2015

Scrapbook Challenges: In the Sink?

It's Monday which means it's time for another awesome sketch from Scrapbook Challenges. I still seem to be working through a lot of cat photos. Today's page features some photos taken in a series. Sketch #429 is the perfect sketch for them, allowing each photo to appear in an easy to view order.

In the Sink? by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper: Cocoa Daisy, Crate Paper; Letters: Chickanidy, American Crafts; Pen: Securit Chalk Marker, Sharpie; Stickers" Evalicious; Punch: Martha Stewart; Stamp: Cocoa Daisy; Ink" Tsukineko; Other: Glass Beads, Sequins, Doilies; Based on Scrapbook Challenges Sketch #429 









I started with a photo of my cat sleeping in the sink. The two photos that follow show him turning to look at me as I shot the photo. Even though they are not all horizontal photos, I made it work with the sketch. To accommodate the title, I shifted it slightly to the left of the vertical picture.For the most part, this page follows the sketch to a T. However, I felt a bit uncomfortable with the amount of weight the vertical photo added to the right side of the page. To shift things back into balance, I added a scattering of punched circles and some doilies to the left side. I did carry the punched circles throughout the layout in a sort of diagonal flow. However, to keep the weight balanced, I created a more concentrated placement of the punched circles on the upper left corner.

Be sure to head over to Scrapbook Challenges to see more inspiration from the SBC Sketch Crew. If you create a page using sketch#429, please be sure to link up. We'd love to see your work.


Supply Options

Most of the supplies came from the February Cocoa Daisy kit.


No comments:

Post a Comment