Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Scrapbook Challenges: February Mood Board

Today, there is another fabulous mood board up at Scrapbook Challenges. Since Valentine's day is in February, one can expect a bit of pink in the color palette.I don't dislike pink. I often slip little bits of it here or there on a layout. Predominantly pink is another thing. I just usually don't use that much. This layout though was going to have a lot of pink.

Max and Boo by Christy Strickler |Supplies Cardstock: Bazzill; Digital Paper and Elements: Pixels and Co. February 2015 Subscriptiont kit-Loverly; Letters: My Little Shoebox; Wood Veneer: Studio Calico; Ink: Versamark; Enamel: Freckled Fawn, My Mind's Eye; Other: Tape, Doily; Based on a Page Maps Sketch










I knew there would be a lot of pink because I chose the dachshund paper to accompany the photos of my dog meeting one of our kittens. I know a lot of people associate pink with girl's pages. It may surprise you that none of the subjects in my photos are girls. I have no issues with using any color of my choosing on a page. I don't let gender dictate any rules. However, there is only so much pink that I can handle. I chose to make the design feel a little more graphic by using an orange canvas and matting many of the paper on black cardstock. Pink is soft. The orange and black add energy. To make the design feel more cohesive, I made sure to pull the orange upward into the title and some of the embellishments.

To see this month's mood board, hop on over to Scrapbook Challenges. Don't forget to link up any projects you make!

Supply Options


Pixels and Company February Subscription kit







View blog post for supplies








No comments:

Post a Comment