Thursday, February 26, 2015

Project Life: January 2015

Recently, we shared a bonus episode of the Digiscrap Geek Podcast. We had such a great interview with Jess Forster. In fact, our conversation ran a bit over our allotted podcast time. We decided to include some of that content in a bonus show for you. Hopefully, this will shed a little more light on the subject of pocket page albums. Since we have been talking so much about pocket pages, I thought it would be a good time to share a round up of my January Pages with you.

One of my goals this year is to try to stay on top of my Project Life pages. Joining Traci Reed's team has definitely helped with that. My month has been broken down into a page or two at a time which is more doable for me. I am doing a mix of hybrid and paper pages, several of which I have made tutorials or process videos to accompany.






























After documenting my one little word for 2015, I began my album with my traditional New Year's Eve fireworks photos.


I created this layout using a prompt from Simple Scrapper. Essentially, it's a recap of my day. It was a challenging day in which I dealt with kitchen repairs and errands.














I wanted to create a page about common sites in our neighborhood. I have been trying to photograph where I live with a new perspective in mind. I keep asking myself how I can present a common photo in a new way. Using templates is one of the ways I changed how I present my some of those photos. You can see how I created these cards in a recent process video.









This was my final page for February. It's a compilation of the random leftover photos from the month. It includes tv shows and video games we played.
















I didn't stick to one kit for the entire month as I had originally planned. Most of the pages I loved and I did find it ok to mix the kits. These pages are mixed in with full size 12x12 pages between some of them which helped me from feeling the mix of kits was too eclectic. I do plan to stick to one kit, or at the least,one color palette for February.We shall see if that makes more of my project life pages appealing to me.

Additional Resources

If you missed the original episode with Jess, you can listen to it by heading over to the DigiScrap Geek Podcast.

I shared my thoughts about pocket page scrapbooking in this blog post.

My 2013 Project Life Pages

My 2014 Project Life pages



No comments:

Post a Comment