Friday, February 6, 2015

Load215: Week One Progress Report

Week one has been very hectic for me. Aside from our normal housework and homeschool schedule, we have had lots of extra errands added in. In addition to doing the layout a day challenge, I have also been working on layouts and projects for various design teams. In truth, I have actually been making two layouts per day. I know what you're thinking. That's crazy. Part of me would agree, however, in actuality, I find my creativity is exploding. The layouts are coming to me with ease. The only thing I am really struggling with is finding the time to blog and write articles for all the things I want to share.

True to my promise, I am referring to sketches for each of my LOAD215 layouts. Here is a roundup up my layouts from days 1-5.

On day one, I skipped the prompt. I had spent the day with my family and by the time I sat down around 10 PM, I found the prompt took more focus from me than I was willing to give. Instead, I chose to tackle a recent sketch from the Get It Scrapped blog. I always adore pages with large photos, but they aren't my forte. Havign a sketch as a guide helped. I wanted to capture the unease of a storm. I chose the mustard yellow paper both for the contrast with the photo and my association of yellow-green with bad storms. The rain paper is from a digital kit. I mixed in paper elements that were similar to those found within the kit.




Layout two is one of my new favorites. I used supplies from my January Cocoa Daisy kit along with a PageMaps sketch from my 2014 Scrapbook and Cards today Planner. Today, I stayed close to the LOAD prompt. I documented how Jujubee got her name from one of my son's favorite childhood strorybooks.












Once again, I strayed from the prompt for Day three. I needed a quick layout. I chose to grab scraps from a recent Project Life layout to create a complimentary page.This is based on an archived sketch from Scrapbook Challenges.














The prompt for day for helped me turn some plain pictures into something fun. This journaling challenge had me telling the progressive tale of giving treats to our pets. It reads" If you crinkle the treat bag,chances are, One pet will come. If you open the treat bag, another will come. The third pet will need to see what is going on. Then everyone must have a treat." I needed a simple sketch since I was once again short on time. I dug into the archives of Simple Scrapper. I also blended older products with new ones. The pet themed paper is rather dark, but coupling it with the grid and brighter colors gives it a bit more energy.





I am determined to make use of all of the sketches from my Page Maps 2014 planner. The sketch made it come together with ease. This page is another current favorite. I think, in part, that may be due to how much I love my January Cocoa Daisy kit. This page is about my son making me a coffee mug. I will also be submitting it to this month's stashbuster challenge at Cocoa Daisy.










So far, I am very happy with my progress. I will continue to use sketches from Get It Scrapped, Scrapbook challenges, Simple Scrapper and my SCT Page Maps planner. I hope I can use up the planner by the end of February so I can toss it out and begin the sketches for the 2015 planner.

Something I do need to work on...using my stamps. I have yet to really use them for this month's challenge in the Get It Scrapped forum.

My Sketch Resources


Scrapbook Challenges Sketch Archive







Sketches from the Get It Scrapped Membership
Click here to view more details










Sketches from the archives of Simple Scrapper












My Sketch Board on Pinterest






2 comments:

  1. Love your layouts! It just occurred to me that digi papers are in jpeg format. Did you simply print that rain paper to use on the paper layout? At the cost of ink, I wouldn't want to do whole pages often, but smaller accent pieces might add to the fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. Yes, I simply printed it out on a 4x6 piece of cardstock. I use an epson artisan printer and really don't find my hybrid layouts are a big expense. I just shared a process video about printing the papers. It's the first video on this blog post: http://myscrapbookevolution.com/quick-print-tips-hybrid-scrapbooking/

      Delete