Saturday, February 21, 2015

LOAD215: Progress Report 2

I had meant to do a weekly report, but I have been quite busy. So far so good. As of right now, I am down a couple of layouts for the daily pages. However, I have been making quite a few pages for various design teams. My total pages this month so far: 31 layouts( a mix of pocket and traditional pages) plus one mixed media project for Deflecto. Despite not posting a couple of pages to the LOAD215 group, I am feeling pretty good about what has been accomplished so far. Here are a few of the pages I have not yet shared from my layout a day experience.

I had challenged myself to create  pages based on sketches I had been collecting. For the most part, I have stayed true to my word. In many cases, I have even been using sketches for some of my design team projects. This page was an exception to that challenge. I chose to create a page using a planner ad which meant I had to work around the parts of that ad. 










I seem to be on a big kitten kick this month. I realized that I had yet to document bring Boo home. The photos are from 2009. I have really been enjoying taking a look back at such a happy time in our lives.













I seem to also be on a kick with my January Cocoa Daisy kit. This is one of six layouts that I have made with that kit.















I have also enjoyed reaching for some of my older supplies. In their own way, supplies tell a story about our memory keeping experience. I pulled out a few of my last remaining Sassafrass flowers for this page. I was so sad when Sassafrass left the Scrapbook supply business.












Another goal of mine this month was to mix old supplies with new. I found these older leather purse die cuts from American Crafts in my stash. While I like the gem motif that has been appearing lately, I wasn't finding it easy to use. Mixing it with the purses and this particular photos was a good choice for me.












As you can see, I am not really following along well with the book related prompts. After seeing those kitten photos, I was on a mission to get them scrapped. I have made a few other pages with older photos I have come across. Overall I am enjoying my layout a day experience. There are a few days I have felt a bit tired out and I think being busy has also played a major role in my decision to go off prompt. I want to scrap and tell stories but I don't want to think too deeply about creating pages .




No comments:

Post a Comment