Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Game On! A Winter Lift me Up

Many people know there are scrapbook challenges to inspire us, but did you know there were games too? I recently participated in one of my favorites. Americans will recognize that this game is based off of Telephone. Some of my friends from UK may recognize it as Chinese Whispers. Essentially, you start off with one layout. The next person must scraplift it then pass her page onward. And then the next person scraplifts that page and, well, you get the picture. No one reveals their layout until the end of the game. When everyone has finished their pages,the hostess puts the layouts in order so that we can all view the progression of change that occurs in the design. The bigger the group of participants, the more likely the last layout may look drastically different than the first.

I thought I would share my take on the challenges. If you would like to see all of the layouts in full progression, check out this post from Cocoa Daisy.

Baby Boo by Christy Strickler | Supplies Patterned Paper, Die Cuts: Basic Grey; Letters: American Crafts; Buttons:Maya Road; Glitter Dots: DoCrafts; Other: Ribbon, Cardstock
















Since I was playing a game at Cocoa Daisy, I chose to work with my January kit. I am still loving it, though not much is left. This is my 7th layout from that kit! Despite the fact that the kit is packed with supplies, I have really been working hard to extend it as far as possible.

I am looking forward to playing more scrapbook games. They are a fun way to use your stash of supplies and connect with other memory keepers. Currently, I am gearing up to play Calvinball over at Get It Scrapped. The game starts on March 1st. If you are curious about playing and want some preparation tips, pop over to the Calvinball forum at Get It Scrapped.

Supply Options
All of the supplies are from the January Cocoa Daisy Kit.


View blog post for supplies






No comments:

Post a Comment