Monday, December 1, 2014

Welcome December!

 Today, I welcome the month with exciting news. I am a guest over at Page Drafts. Each month, Page Drafts offers innovative sketches and inspiration. This month, it's all about the holidays.


Silly Robot by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper, Stickers: Crate Paper; Letters: Studio Calico; Overlay: Fancy Pants; Wood Veneer: Little Yellow Bicycle, Elle's Studio; Tape: My Mind's Eye; Die Cuts: Elle's Studio, Crate Paper, American Crafts; Chipboard: Basic Grey; Button: Jillibean Soup; Enamel Shapes: Freckled Fawn, Twine and Ink









I had a hard time choosing which sketch to work with. In the end, I chose some older holiday pics and let the number of photos guide my choice. These photos certainly weren't the best shots I have ever taken. I accidentally cut off feet  or even half of a person. Using smaller photos in a busy layout made the photography errors less obvious.I pulled out some older supplies to create this page.I love that I was able to work the robot themed overlay in with the holiday papers. The key was in making sure the red accents in the robots matched the red accents in the holiday ephemera. 

November seemed to come and go in a flash. I have so much to share on the blog and website, but haven't had the time to write all of the articles. Who knows where December will take me, but I must say that I am glad to have an overabundance of content to share with all of you. Stay tuned to see what I get posted. Meanwhile, don't forget to be present with family and friends.

Additional Resources

Stop by Page Drafts to see all the fabulous sketches and inspiration for the holidays.












No comments:

Post a Comment