Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The December Scoop on Simple Scrapper

In November, I announced that I had become a member of the Simple Scrapper team. It's something that I had wanted to do for some time. I have been a long time member in the Simple Scrapper community and I really wanted the chance to share what that membership has done for me. Being a member has helped me organize my space and my time for memory keeping. Each month, there is a sketch and a story starter with prompts to help me should I need that extra boost of inspiration. I enjoy chatting with other community members. It's so nice to have like minded people to discuss our ever changing craft storage needs and memory keeping options. I know there are always things I can do to improve myself and I have a built in support team in the form of the Simple Scrapper community.

The bonus to being a creative team member is getting to see the story prompts and sketches before hand. I was excited to create my first layouts and had a hard time waiting to share them with you.

Quiet Moments by Christy Strickler Supplies| Cardstock: American Crafts; Patterned Paper, Wood Veneer; Doily, Letters; Die Cuts: Studio Calico: Inspired by a Sketch and Story Starter from Simple Scrapper Premium Membership














This month's story starters were certainly designed to work well with holiday tales. However, I found myself really contemplating the importance of quiet moments spent with my son.I wanted to talk about our relationship as mother and son as well as how we spend time together. I was inspired to take a very rare selfie with him. Though the photo is a bit imperfect( I cut part of his chin off), I love that it reflects us right now.I love that the prompts from Simple Scrapper often lead me to unexpected stories. 



Beinvenido! Puerto Rico by Christy Strickler Supplies| Patterned Paper, Chipboard: Die Cuts: We R Memory Keepers; Letters,Stickers: American Crafts; Enamel Dot: PinkFresh Studios; Tape: Glitz Designs;
 Inspired by a Sketch and Story Starter from Simple Scrapper Premium Membership












This layout began with a sketch. I really wanted to find a landscape photo and use it as a mosaic. I found just the right photo in my folder  from a family trip to Puerto Rico. Upon finding the photo, I went in search of just the right prompt. I dug into the archives and discovered the perfect vacation themed story starter. It kept me from documenting just the who, what, where and when and instead, had me documenting myself as a traveler.


Though I have met my design team requirements for the month, I don't really feel done. There is still a long list of prompts for me to cover. I think many of them will fit in well with my December documentation project. I also plan to take a peak back into the archives for past December prompts. Who knows what stories I will end up telling! Meanwhile, I hope to see you in the Simple Scrapper Community.



Supply Options



View blog post for supplies



Additional Resources


The Premium Membership at Simple Scrapper provides skills and shortcuts to help you simplify and find more meaning in your memory keeping. Click here for more information.


















No comments:

Post a Comment