Friday, November 7, 2014

The DigiScrap Geek Podcast: Episode 9- I Like the "Like" Button



I started scrapbooking in 2001. It wasn't until 2010, when I joined Club Creating Keepsakes, that I would find a place to meet like minded memory keepers. The people there were friendly and made me instantly feel like part of the group. We had swaps and played along with challenges. We forged friendships and overall, we just had a good time. I might never have started blogging or participating in challenge sites if not for those ladies. We were all very sad when Club CK closed and Creating Keepsakes magazine were no longer published. I am happy to say that I am still in touch with many of the friends I made at Club CK.

Since the days of Club CK, the social aspect of  scrapbooking has a changed a bit. Social Media now takes the place of some of the online message boards ( though some message boards do still function and function well). We have blog feed readers and apps which allow us to view our favorite scrapbookers and friends. In some cases, we have taken the social aspect of scrapbooking back offline in the friendships we have forged making real life friends of our virtual ones. In this episode of the DigiScrap Geek Podcast, We are talking about the changes to social medial and how it has affected the social aspects of scrapbooking. Come have a listen...


No comments:

Post a Comment