Monday, November 24, 2014

Give Thanks: A Project for Deflecto Craft Solutions

My Thanksgiving and fall decor are rather sparse. This year, I set out to make a few projects to add some autumn cheer to my home. First, I made an autumn banner. This weekend, I made a Give Thanks sign for our thanksgiving table.

I have really been loving all the fabulous chalk board signs I have been seeing around Pinterest. I was thrilled to receive some chalkboard easels and chalk markers from Deflecto. Most of my autumn decor is simple. I wanted to maintain that with the sign. I used some ribbon, twine and a German Foil turkey to decorate the base of the sign. The tricky part for me was writing the chalkboard sentiment.I don't have the best penmanship. I was relieved that the chalk markers were very forgiving. A little water wiped away my mistakes. I then dried the board and tried again until I was happy with the results.Technically, I could erase the sign and make a new one each year. However, I think I like my sign just fine the way it is.









Looking for more holiday inspiration? Be sure to stop by the Deflecto Pinterest board or visit Deflecto on Facebook to see how the design team is using their chalkboard markers.

Supply Options


Stop by the web site to find a Deflecto retailer near you.









The German Foil Turkey was part of the JBS Mercantile November kits.










No comments:

Post a Comment