Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Welcome October!

It's October! Time to get out the Halloween and Fall decorations. Time to look forward to cooler weather and the promise of crisp nights with our windows open. Time for autumn themed layouts. Which makes this month's JBS Mercantile kits the perfect choice! I was super excited to get my kit this month. A selection of supplies from two of the Fall themed paper lines from my wish list were in the kits: Fancy Pants' True Friend and October Afternoon's Apple Cider. This kit has me excited to hunt down some Autumn photos.

made with a selection of supplies from the main and artisan kits.

I found these photos of my son when he was younger. He is making an improvised scarecrow. We didn't have a ton of money when my son was small. I still wanted to decorate the house with a fall theme. I had to get creative. I pinned some of his old clothes together then went outside to gather pine needles. The pine needles were bundled to make the hands and feet. Then I let my son stuff the body with old newspapers. To create the head, we stuffed a paper grocery sack which my son then decorated. We had an awesome time. I am sure the memory of the homemade scarecrow will stand out much more than if I had just bought some decorations at the store.

I still have plenty of older Autumn themed photos to work with. I am hoping to use up the entire kit this month. Stay tuned to find out. Meanwhile, if you would like to see more kit inspiration, check out the JBS Mercantile Designer Team Gallery.

Supply Options








1 comment:

  1. What a great page. Love those younger photos. The JBS kit this month looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete