Friday, October 10, 2014

The DigiScrap Geek Podcast: Episode 6. Extraction Action


I confess that I am not always the best photographer. I am better than I used to be but still need more    experience. When it comes time to edit the photos, I sometimes need a little help. I use actions and plug ins in PhotoShop Elements to improve my photos and cover my mistakes. Episode 6 of the Digiscrap Geek podcast provides a comparison of actions, styles and plug ins. Come have a listen. It will help you figure out what might work best for you.

I began my exploration of photo editing with actions. I didn't have a lot of money, so finding free actions was the way to go. My favorite are a set from the Pioneer Woman. After installing them in Photoshop Elements, I could edit my photos with ease. Later, I discovered Totally Rad Labs. It's a plug in that loads itself into photoshop. I love it because very little technical knowledge is needed to run it. It allows me to customize a photo with ease, then apply the recipe to additional photos if I desire to. I love Totally Rad Labs so much that I became a Radvocate. At this point in time, I don't use a lot of styles. Many digital scrapbookers use them as time saving short cuts or to alter items in a digital kit. I am still exploring how I can use styles as a hybrid scrapbooker.

Additional Resources

My Photo Workflow- see how I organize and edit my photos.



Get Totally Rad Labs







No comments:

Post a Comment