Thursday, September 25, 2014

Get It Scrapped: A Curated Natural History Style

Once upon a time, I wanted to be a zoologist. Circumstances changed, however, I still love the look at feel of vintage scientific illustrations. While I have never really considered using them to decorate my home, I do like using them to decorate scrapbook layouts.

Explore by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper: Webster’s Pages, 7 Gypsies; Letters: American Crafts; Buttons: My Mind’s Eye, Jillibean Soup; Twine: True Hemp; German Foil: JBS Mercantile; Other; Doily














It's easy to add the look of botanical prints or other vintage scientific images. You can find free printables on the internet. Some scrapbook supply companies sell scientifically inspired images or you can find images in digital scrapbooking supply stores. I used themed patterned papers to compliment the photos of my son at the tide pools. Scientific images often don't have a lot of color.This allows you to add embellishments or paper with pops of color to your design. I also find that scientific images pair well with maps. For this layout, I used a blue map to contrast with the cream of the scientific prints.

Have you made a layout with a curated natural history look? Share it with us in the Get It Scrapped Gallery.

Supply Options


Additional Resources
an article from the Get It Scrapped Blog











The Get It Scrapped Membership
Click here to view more details












No comments:

Post a Comment