Thursday, August 21, 2014

JBS Mercantile- Mid Month Check in

Ok. So it's technically past the middle of the month. But here I am. You might be wondering why I haven't blogged in a while. It wasn't planned, but in part, I wanted to be present for my son earlier this month. He starts high school this week and I wanted to make sure the transition was a smooth one. Though we have had a few kinks, we are off and running. This means, I will have some more time to create now that he is once again occupied academically.

To start back into blogging, I figured I would start with sharing a layout I made with the August JBS Mercantile kits. Most of these have sold out, by the way. So if you want to grab one, hurry over.

This month, the kit is full of the anchor motif. I felt it was time to work on documenting more of our trips to the local beaches. Contrary to popular belief, not all of the Bahamian beaches are full of white sand. Many are quite rocky. Though they aren't what you would expect, these rocky beaches feature a treasure trove of gems.We have discovered sea shells, small fish, and star fish...just to name a few. Every trip reveals new discoveries.


If you like the anchor motif but are not sure how to use it, you will want to check out some recent posts over at the JBS Mercantile Inspiration blog. Betsy created a fantastic mini album using the anchor motif. I shared several layouts featuring anchors both literally and symbolically.

 Meanwhile, stay tuned.Hopefully, I am back to blogging regularly again.

No comments:

Post a Comment