Thursday, July 10, 2014

Get It Scrapped: Behind the Cutaway

Last year, I got a Silhouette Portrait. I was so excited but at the same time, I wasn't quite sure how to use it.It sat there for several months until I took some Silhouette classes at Creative Passions classes. Now I am using my Silhouette with confidence and enjoying every minute. The cuts on their own are quite nice. However, thinking out what you want to place behind the cuts is even better. The right patterned paper behind the cut adds a lot of visual interest.

Jumping Beans by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper Studio Calico, We R Memory Keepers: Cut File: Jenni Bowlin; Letters: We R Memory Keepers; Buttons: Queen and Co.; Enamel Dots: Twine and Ink; Other: DMC Floss; appears in an article for Get It Scrapped

















I chose a busy triangle pattern to place behind my silhouette cut.  I couldn't very well capture the Mexican Jumping beans jumping on film. The choice of busy patterned paper and bright colors helps add action to the layout.For additional texture, I stitched a design inside parts of the chevron cutaway.

What do you place behind the cutaway? Share it with us in the Get It Scrapped Gallery.

Additional Resources

an article from Get It Scrapped























No comments:

Post a Comment