Sunday, June 8, 2014

iNSD 2014 Recap: Unmotivated to Scrap

About a month ago, I was sitting in a live on-line crop with friends from Get It Scrapped. While I was excited to have the day with my friends, I was also very unmotivated to scrapbook. How was I ever going to be productive on International Scrapbook Day? The answer for me was to turn to sketches.

A Boy and His Cat by Christy Strickler |Supplies
Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Elle's Studio, Pebbles, American Crafts; Letters: Jillibean Soup: Tag: Studio Calico; Flair: Fancy Pants; Enamel Dots: October Afternoon; Mist: Heidi Swapp; Sequins: Crate Paper;German Foil: Jenni Bowlin: based on a Get It Scrapped Sketch; JBS Mercantle February kit

I logged into my Get It Scrapped Membership and opened up the sketches. I chose a Sketch that would work well with scraps. My goal was to use up some of my past kit club packs. I was happy with the results, but still, not really feeling motivated to create a layout on my own.





Catch by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper: Studio Calico, Crate Paper; Confetti, Stamp: Studio Calico; Letters: American Crafts; Ink: Ranger; Doily: Freckled Fawn; Frame; Crate Paper; Other: Glossy Accents, Tickets, Tags;based on a Sketch from Get It Scrapped

Once again, I called upon a sketch. Having the sketch meant that I could just create with very little thought needed. It made it easier to chat with my friends and finally, I was beginning to feel a little more motivated to create.






Call Me by Christy Strickler | Supplies Patterned Paper: Jenni Bowlin, October Afternoon; Tape, Button: Jenni Bowlin; Sticker: Prima; Wood Veneer; Elle's Studio; Sequins: Crate Paper; JBS Mercantile April kits

Now I felt a bit more motivated, but I needed to create something simple and easy. I found a photo that made me want to scrapbook, then it was easy to find the right supplies to go with it.









Skinny Cat by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper: One Little Bird, Tim and Beck; Studio Calico; Letters: Jenni Bowlin; Flair: A Flair for Buttons; Stickers: Hello Forever; Wood Veneer: Studio Calico; Based on a sketch from Studio Calico

 I was ready to tackle some iNSD challenges. Since sketches were working well for me, I tackled a sketch challenge for Studio Calico.









I ended up making a total of 6 pages for iNSD. That's a lot considering I started out my day so unmotivated to scrap. The key to becoming more motivated was to make things easy. Using sketches and kits allowed me to work without having to put too much thought behind what I was doing. Simplifying your process doesn't have to mean you create ugly pages. Sometimes, quite the opposite happens and you find the urge to get even more creative after the fact.

Additional resources
sketches from the Get It Scrapped membership
Click here to view more details












Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment