Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Get It Scrapped: Sea Turtle Release

To this day, I am still amazed and thrilled to have been a part of a sea turtle release. My husband works for a resort that also has an animal rescue program. Some of the sea turtles that they rescued had laid eggs. Now it was time to let the hatchlings go. I thought we would be on the side lines watching. I was ecstatic to be able to lift one of the hatchlings from the bucket to set him free.

 I don't think my son quite realized how unique this experience truly was. I don't know many kids who have ever witnessed a sea turtle hatchling heading into the sea, much less to have picked up said hatchling and gently send him on his way.

Turtle Release by Christy Strickler |Supplies Cardstock, Vellum: Club Scrap; Letters: Rusty Pickle; Other Glass Beads

We were only allowed to take a few photos, lest we disturb the turtles. The lighting was bad and they aren't the best quality. Still, I treasure them. Shortly after releasing the turtles, I bought some themed paper from Club Scrap. However, the event was so momentous that I held off creating the page. I wanted it to be perfect. I finally decided to take a simple approach. After all, the event itself was the most important thing.






Additional Resources
























1 comment:

  1. That is so COOL! And yay for just finally making your page!

    ReplyDelete