Thursday, March 20, 2014

Tales of a Craft Class Junkie: Style is Leverage

I'm over halfway through the Style is Leverage event at Get It Scrapped. I have learned a little more about myself and my scrapbooking style. Even though I am a veteran scrapbooker, there is always something new to learn and try. Knowing what products you love and your scrapbooking process is the step to building more pages faster. It also enables you to find ways to stretch yourself.

I learned that I tend to use a few different page compositions often. I tend to cluster my photos onto a band, a shelf or a block with loose layers added to them. I think I use the block composition a lot because of my frugal crafting nature. The block and band designs make it easy for me to extract parts of a two sided paper.   Sometimes I extract just a few fussy cut images while other times I extract whole blocks. Now that I have recognized this, I wanted to try some new page compositions. My answer was to turn to the Scrapbook Coach series of classes. I chose to work with the half and half series.

Diving for Iron Man by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper: Studio Calico; Letters: American Crafts, Basic Grey; Die Cuts: Crate Paper; Flair: Kelly Purkey; Twine: Jillibean Soup; Other: Button














The Scrapbook Coach series provided videos with step by step instructions to create a layout. It's simply a matter of choosing your photos, then choosing your supplies and following along as Debbie creates her layout. I could have easily scraplifted a few layouts to push myself, but I prefer using scrapbook coach to understand the why and how of each page foundation.

Squeamish by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper: Studio Calico, Design by Dani, Paislee Press; Letters,Sequins: Studio Calico; Tape: PinkFresh Studios; Chipboard: K and Company, My Mind's Eye; Flowers: Sassafrass 













I was still able to be frugal with my patterned paper. I cut a 12x12 sheet in half and then reassembled it. I used the tape to keep it together.

I am still exploring my particular design style so that I can leverage it more and make any changes that I want. Knowing the page compositions that I prefer will allow me to create quick pages. I can also branch out a bit more now. You can expect to see more pages with a half and half composition from me in the future.

Additional Resources


Style is Leverage
Click here to view more details
Scrapbook Coach: Half and Half.
Part of the Get It Scrapped membership:
Click here to view more details










Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment