Friday, March 28, 2014

Scrapbooking: Not for a Big Project

Lately, I have been working on several big projects behind the scenes. One is an upcoming class for Creative Passions classes. Others are for various creative team assignments. I have mentioned before that I find a lot of inspiration through my CT duties. However, sometimes, I just need to do a layout just because I want to. Today, I thought I would do a quick share of one of those layouts.

Did you Know by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants, Elle's Studio; Tickets,Flair: Fancy Pants;Ink: Tsukineko; Jewels: Hero Arts;Stamp: October Afternoon; Other: Sequins: March Sketch from Simple Scrapper

I used a sketch from Simple Scrapper for this layout. It helped me move a little out of my design comfort zone while also saving me time. I completed it in under 30 minutes.










Though it may seem counterproductive, taking a break from a big project can sometimes be helpful. It doesn't matter if that project is a holiday album or creating layouts for a class. Taking a step away from a big project helps you come back to it with a fresh set of eyes.

Supply Options
Most of the supplies originally came from the JBS Mercantile February kits, available while supplies last. Kits used: Historian and Main Kits. If sold out, additional options include:



Additional Resources





Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I like the simplicity of this. And I completely understand the need to just scrap for the sake of scrapping with no commitment. I hope to do more of that soon too!

    ReplyDelete