Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Get It Scrapped: Line of Sight

Most of the time, he talks nonstop. From time to time he falls silent, lost in his own thoughts. I think this has to do with him growing up and maturing.Both his dad and I have noticed this change in him. I wanted to capture it...to tell my side of the story. I tried having him pose for a shot, but this just didn't seem to work. And so I laid in wait with the camera, until one moment came. Though brief and fleeting, that one moment of silent contemplation had been captured.

Collecting His Thoughts by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper: October Afternoon, We R Memory Keepers; Flair, Stamp, Wood Veneer,Paper Clip, Journal Card: Studio Calico; Twine: Jillibean Soup; Stickers: Twine and Ink; Labels: Life-Love-Paper; Ribbon: May Arts; Ink: Tsukineko; Other: Envelope, tag











I used an envelope to hold my thoughts about the moment. The picture was printed twice, one placed haphazardly over the other, which is clipped to the outside of the envelope. My goal was to symbolize some of the collected thoughts while others are falling out of the full envelope. The triangle pattern points off in the direction my son is looking, however, the lighter triangle pattern also points backwards to him. It's as though his thoughts come full circle.

I can only imagine what he's thinking about. I don't ask. Those thoughts are his.

Additional Resources
an article from Get It Scrapped











Get It Scrapped Membership
Click here to view more details











Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment