Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Calvinball Update: Layouts going in Albums

Lately, I have been in an organizing mood. Though I have still been busy scrapbooking, I have taken the time to really get my creative space in shape. Part of that ( which also counts as points in Calvinball) is to get layouts into albums.

As I was putting layouts away, I came across one I wanted to share. I love the photo but I also love how frugal I was in the making of this particular layout.

You and Me by Christy Strickler |Supplies Patterned Paper: Studio Calico,October Afternoon, Bella Blvd; Pearls: Freckled Fawn

I used one of my budget scrapbooking methods to create the canvas from one sheet of patterned paper. I also embellished using mostly items that were fussy cut from patterned paper. I used a closure from an envelope. I liked the blue color and it had fallen off the envelope intact. A quick layout on a budget is always a good thing.






As far as calvinball is concerned, I am lagging way behind. That's ok. It's all in fun and I think I have beaten some of my prior stats. If you would like to play along with Calvinball, it's not too late. Join us in the Get it Scrapped Forums. There are lots of ways to rack up points fast. Who knows? The month is still new and I might just catch up to the leaders!

Additional Resources

Budget Scrapbooking with Double Sided Papers, Part 2





















Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Instead of lagging behind, I prefer to think of it as winning at losing. :) Love this page- I think often the best results come from having restraints. The pages I love most are normally the ones where I've had to shop my stash because I couldn't buy the newest product.

    ReplyDelete