Monday, December 16, 2013

Monograms

Monograms were a big trend which hit earlier in 2013. I didn't jump on board right away. Really, I am not a 100% there. I think it's one of those embellishing trends that works once in awhile. I might never have tried it if not for the acrylic letter my son found.

We were at the local book store and he spied them in the gift wrap section. They had tags in an array of colors, each one featuring a single letter. Getting several to create a full title would have been a bit pricey. One however, was in my budget. I knew I could use the single letter as a monogram title for a photo of my son. I didn't realize it would take me so long to find the perfect photo.

Supplies originally from the JBS Mercantile November kit
K by Christy Strickler Supplies| Patterened Paper: Echo Park; Tape, Sequins: Jenni Bowlin; Die Cuts: Chic Tags, Jenni Bowlin; Chipboard: Fancy Pants: Acrylic Letter: Hallmark; Pins, Flower: Maya Road; Bag: Webster's Pages; Other: Jewel, buttons














I knew the photo when I saw it. My son was sitting on the railroad ties, oblivious to the camera. There really isn't a story to tell here. It's just him. This made it the perfect candidate for the monogram.

Supply Options
At this time, most of the November JBS Mercantile kits are sold out. I have created a product list from Two Peas in a Bucket which gives you the option to create a similar layout.


Additional Resources

Ideas for Embellishing Scrapbook Pages with Monograms from Get It Scrapped


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Adorable page, Christy!! Love the monogram placed over your photo!!

    ReplyDelete