Monday, November 18, 2013

Document Life: They Says It's Your Birthday!

If you are looking for the Fall Inspiration blog hop, click here or scroll down.

I am betting some of you are singing the Beatles' tune right now! In case you can't tell by some of my posts, November is a big month for me. First my anniversary and then my birthday. This year November has been chock full of good news. Earlier this month, I announced that I had joined the Document Life Workshop team. Today,I am very excited to be sharing my first project. I think it's fitting that it's all about fall colors, especially given that I love Autumn so very much.

Hello Autumn Birthday by Christy Strickler Supplies| Patterned Paper, Stickers, Chipboard, Die Cut, Letters: Basic Grey; Tape: Jenni Bowlin; Enamel Dot: Freckled Fawn; Punch: Fiskars; Pens: Signo Uniball, Pilot Frixion; Other: Doily, kraft: based on a sketch from SimpleScrapper.com












Scrapbooking older photos can be a little difficult when you don't know the full story. Even though I am in this photo, I really don't know all of the details. Instead of making this a typical birthday layout, I chose to document how, every year, no matter what day my birthday fell on, we celebrated it at Thanksgiving. Not that it's a horrible thing to have your birthday celebrated this way, mind you. It's just that sometimes a girl wants her pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving and her birthday cake on another evening. In my journaling, I talked about how this was a common event in my family until I met my husband. He always made sure I had a non-Thanksgiving birthday every year after I met him.

The next time you decide to document a birthday, take a step back and look at the story from another angle. Is there something about the way your birthday is typically celebrated that you love? Is there something about the season it occurs in that makes you really think about your birthday? Whether your birthday is in Autumn or another season, we'd love for you to share your Autumn color layouts with us at Document life Workshop! And if your birthday is in another season, well, try one of the past prompts to get your inspiration fired up.

Supplies
Most Supplies used are from the JBS Mercantile October Kits, available while supplies last. Alternative supplies can be found at Amazon.com.

Additional Resources

Seasons: Autumn Awesome Pinterest board
Prompts, Sketches and templates for Scrapbooking the Month of November from Get It Scrapped
Free Fall Quotes and Word Art from Get It Scrapped















Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Cute layout!! I love Basic Grey's Autumn papers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the BG on this layout, Christy! And great way to tell the story for a birthday photo! We have a day after Christmas birthday in the family, so I know how hard it makes it to keep it separated from the holidays!

    ReplyDelete