Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Crafting with Teens: Halloween, Part 2

I realized that I neglected to post our second Halloween project. I must confess that we are still working on the third. When working with kids, no matter the age, it's so important to let go and just let them have creative license over the whole project. My notion of the finished project was much different than my son's finished concept.

This is what the kit looks like,if completed per directions. It's available at JBS Mercantile.  The directions are super easy to follow and allow for you to personalize the finished project a bit.









This is my son with the completed project. Note that the two easels with silhouettes are not present. As cool as I thought the silhouettes were, he just wasn't that into them. The science themed vials were a big hit with the whole family though. My husband thought they were especially unique and pretty cool. It's definitely not your standard big box Halloween decor item!











We spent some time debating over what to do with the other two easels. In the end, we decided that we would use one for a Thanksgiving themed easel and another as a Christmas easel. The caveat is that my son wants to use some of my precious scrapbook supplies. It's going to be hard to share, but I think I have plenty of stuff to spare. How about you? Is it easy for you to share your supplies with your kids?


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment