Monday, September 16, 2013

Get It Scrapped: Comic Book Love

In our house, we love comic books. Both my husband and I adored them as children which meant we raised a kid who loves comics just as much as we do. When my son was younger, it was a guarantee that he would choose to be either a Star Wars character or a comic book hero for Halloween. While a variety of comic book themed scrapbook items are available, you can easily replicate this current trend with supplies you have on hand.

The Incredible Hulk Hands by Christy Strickler | Supplies Cardstock,Border: Bazzill, other; Tape: My Mind’s Eye,other; Stickers: EK Success; Pen: Signo; Other: Transparency















If you don't have comic book themed papers, you can easily make your own using your photos and a photo app. There are a variety of free or inexpensive apps available for your mobile devices or in the google play store. Here I used an app called Paper Camera to convert my photos into comic book style pictures. Post processing your photos is a wonderful way to add meaning to your layout while also creating a custom themed look. In fact, this is a topic I recently wrote about in more detail in  my For the Boys class


Whether or not you choose to use a comic book photo app, you can choose basic supplies from your stash. The comic book trend uses bold color with patterns such as dots and stripes. Red, yellow and black are common colors. I used washi tape with those colors and patterns to adhere a collage of comic book style photos to my layout.. It was then easy to add the additional colors of my son's favorite character to the palette. I used scraps of cardstock to create small journal blocks resembling those found in comic books.I did use some themed stickers but overall, I saved money by choosing supplies from my stash.

Need more Scrapbooking Ideas? Check out these links for Comic Book Inspired ideas:











Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Love those cute photos, and great take on the Superhero motif, Christy!!

    ReplyDelete