Friday, May 10, 2013

TGIF with a Teaser Thursday


ModelMagicFinal1CS

  Yesterday I had my hands full around the house. I didn't get over here to post the layout featured for Scrapbook News and Review Magazine's Teaser Thursday Feature. I have been experimenting with Crayola Model Magic clay and creating handmade embellishments. That little white circle on the upper left side...it's model magic.

Fondue Fun by Christy Strickler Supplies Patterned Paper,Tag: Basic Grey; Letters: Fancy Pants; Stencil: Crafter's Workshop; Modeling Paste: Liquitex;Stamp: JBS Mercantile; Other: button,Crayola Model Magic clay,cardstock


I have a tutorial inside Scrapbook News and Review Magazine which shares how you can use model magic to create your own layouts. It's full of tips and tricks for how to keep the clay from cracking and how to add colorants.

I also recently submitted this layout for a review in the Get It Scrapped Guided Study Critique class. I feel like I am getting better with design, and I am now learning how to tweak my layouts for more impact. One suggestion I received was to have used the pie chart stencil with modeling paste on vellum. Then it would have popped up more from the background.

Overall, I really love this layout. I have more to share for iNSD after I get caught up today. Meanwhile, it's Friday and I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.



Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Awesome page Christy!! Really love that fun background paper and the cool pie chart! And the Model Magic turned out great!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete