Sunday, May 5, 2013

Tales of a Craft Class Junkie: Scrapbook Coach and LOAD513

It's time for another round of Layout a Day with Lain Ehmann. I have sort of been playing along, though not as religiously as I did in February. I know this month that I have some family commitments that will make it difficult to create a layout daily. I have decided to approach this round with a relaxed demeanor and to take some time to look over the classes I am enrolled in.

I am still playing around with the Scrapbook Coach class series at Get It Scrapped.  I am continuing to watch the videos first, then I go back and watch them a second time while I create my layout. As a craft class junkie, I own all of the classes in the Scrapbook Coach series. I have decided to jump around and match the classes to the photos I am inspired by at the moment. A few days ago, I tackled the Two by Two section.

Two by Two focuses on grids. As we all know, I am grid challenged. Every grid I make is usually a bit wonky. I sometimes struggle with filling the squares. However, I really adored the layout I made using Scrapbook coach.

Sour End to a Sweet Day by Christy Strickler Supplies| Cardstock: Colorbok; Patterned Paper: Heidi Swapp, Elles Studio; Letters: Heidi Swapp, Gltiz Designs; Ephemera: JBS Mercatile; Button: Webster's Pages; Flair, Wood Veneer: Studio Calico; Stickers: American Crafts; Ink: Tsukeniko; Other: tag, doily, Ranger Perfect pearls; Most of the supplies came from the JBS Mercantile April kits




Some of the concepts approached in this class reinforced what I learned during my Guided Study Critique sessions. Building the layout with Debbie really helped me to understand how to work grid design well. I love my clusters of embellishments. Debbies gave tips for building the clusters. If you are a paper scrapper following the series, I would recommend only adding adhesive to the center of your photos and patterned paper blocks. This will allow you to gently lift them as tuck embellishments under as you layer.

Creating with Scrapbook Coach is so very easy. I know it sounds like a lot of work to watch the video then watch it a second time. However, building the layout alongside Debbie really makes for a quick project. I built this layout in about an hour. The biggest thing that would slow you down is making your supply choices. Using a kit will help speed up your process.

If you would like to see more sample layouts from Scrapbook Coach, check out the gallery over at Get It Scrapped.


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I want to take that class too, just haven't been the right time yet, hope soon though. Love your LO and the grid design, awesome work girl!! Thanks for always re-tweeting me. I can't get in to twitter right now for some reason. Thanks again Christy!!!

    ReplyDelete