Saturday, May 11, 2013

Celebrating iNSD

National Scrapbook day came and went last weekend. In years past, it was a flurry of one day events with layout challenges and short deadlines for a chance at a prize. That's not true anymore. As memory keeping has grown, so has the event. The little i in front of NSD reminds everyone that it's an international activity and we now see challenges which last throughout the week after.

Speaking of challenges, iNSD might be over, but there is still one more day to submit your layouts to Shimelle.com. You will need to scroll through to see all of the challenges options. Shimelle really pulled out the stops when it came to providing ideas to inspire you.

I am very honored to be a guest for Shimelle's iNSD party. This layout was featured for the Power of Three Challenge.

Squinty Eyes by Christy Strickler Supplies| Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye; Letters; American Crafts; Wood Veneer: Studio Calico; Brads: October Afternoon, Basic Grey; Eyelets: Making Memories; Other; Denim,trim













I also managed to create several layouts during a crop with some friends. I combined some of the challenges from Two Peas in a Bucket and Big Picture Classes with Shimelle's Challenges. This layout was inspired by some I statements I created for a BPC challenge.

I.Photograph by Christy Strickler Supplies| Patterned Paper: LillyBee Designs,Amy Tangerine; Letters: American Craft; Tape: Webster's Pages; Flair,Stamp: Amy Tangerine; Brad: Making Memories; Glitter: Ranger; Wood Veneer: Freckled Fawn; Mist: Pink Paislee; Other: Button

It's a perfect submission for Shimelle's challenge to scrapbook about yourself.





Two Peas in a Bucket and Shimelle challenged me to scraplift one of my own layouts. I decided to use a design that is a little unusual for me. Using clusters in scrapbook design was an assignment for Get It Scrapped. I loved the layout I created but until now, I had never revisited the design.

Dance to the Beat of Your Own Drum by Christy Strickler Supplies| Patterned Paper: Sassafrass, Basic Grey; Letters: My Little Shoebox,Hand lettering; Tape: My Mind's Eye; Sticker: Creative Memories; Buttons: Basic Grey; Embossing Powder: Ranger; entered in Whimsical Wednesday at the Memory Nest






I had a great time participating in the iNSD challenges. If you haven't had the chance, you still have time. Shimelle's challenges are open until tomorrow night. 





Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Christy these are fantastic! I absolutely love them -- really love the iPhotograph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pages Christy, and congrats on being a Guest Designer for Shimelle and having your layout featured!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy, Love these layouts. Great colors,beautiful. Thank you for linking up. Hope you will stop by and share again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome layouts!! A BIG congrats on the Shimelle GD spot!! very awesome. Thanks for all of the re-tweets, I reall appreciate it:):)

    ReplyDelete