Friday, April 5, 2013

Stuff it in Your Pocket!



Or Not! Today is my first time sharing a layout for the latest JBS Mercantile Digital Release. Over the past several months, I have been going hybrid a little more often. I like how it offers me the ability to size, cut or alter an item to fit the project I am working on at the time. Plus, when you don't have an LSS nearby to shop at the drop of a dime, it's easy to find that just right item in a digital store.

Today's release are the Pocket Stuffers Journaling Basics cards. You can find them at Jessica Sprague's  on-line store on sale for 25% off though this weekend.


At first glance, the cards might seem a little plain Jane, but in my book, that's what makes them perfect. I consider them a small investment piece for my hybrid wardrobe. They can mix and match easily with Project Life. I can dress them up with embellishments and they will go with quite a few color palettes.

While they are available as a PDF file to print, I chose to print just two 4x6 cards. I wanted the cards just a bit larger for my layout. I used one card as it was, sewing it directly to the canvas. The other, I cut apart into smaller sections. My husband is reading the Very Hungry Caterpillar to my son and I thought the butterfly would be just perfect. I don't like to waste paper, so I also cut the star border from the same card the butterfly was printed on.

Read to Me Daddy by Christy Strickler
Supplies from March JBS Mercantile Kit.

I love how the butterfly is just peaking out of the side. My other favorite embellishments are the small wood shapes. One reads " more and more" and the other says " Yeah, yeah, yeah." My son always loved it when he was read to. He could never get enough.

You can expect to see a lot more hybrid projects from me in the future. I am really finding that digital elements are a great supplement to my paper based stash.


 I will advise you to collect your digital elements wisely. Just like paper supplies, they can get out of hand. Buy what you love and what you know you will use. Try to choose items you can use several times, in many different ways. This will ensure you get the most for your money. Print only what you think you will need for the current project. One of the advantages of digital supplies is not having to physically store them in your craft space. Printing everything in the kit sort of defeats that purpose.


P.S. Don't forget to stop by the JBS Mercantile community. We're playing Centipede, scrapbook style.


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: