Monday, April 1, 2013

Sketch It Out! Club CK April Edition

It's my turn to host for this month's Club CK Sketch It Out Challenge. I chose to use a sketch with a little twist this month.

This sketch was also recently featured on the Scrapbook News and Review Blog. You can see a little more inspiration for it over there.














Here is the twist! I used mostly die cuts and journal spots to create this layout. No patterned paper was used at all. Even the title letters are die cuts. The twist part is optional in this challenge. However, I hope it will have you seeing your die cuts and journal spots in a while new light. It is so easy to layer them on top of each other for a fast layout. Plus, you are using up your stash.

Cocooned by Christy Strickler Supplies| Cardstock: Colorbok;Letters: Colorbok; Die Cuts: My Little Shoebox; Journal Spots: K and Compant, Studio Calico;Flower: Maya Road; Chipboard: American Crafts; Stencil: Studio Calico; Ink: ranger; As published in Scrapbook News and Review Magazine- Fall 2012



Yes, I know the photo is dark. This is a layout about my son being cocooned in his blankets while he sleeps. I couldn't very well turn on the lights, now could I? Sometimes the story outweighs the need for a great photo.

How will you Sketch it Out? We'd love to see your take on this month's sketch. You can submit your project directly to the Club Ck thread.


Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Christy, I love this!!!! I will have to play! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with this sketch - the colors are great.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sketch for this month Christy, and I love your page! Really awesome twist!! That one is definitely a hard one for me, because I usually always use all patterned paper!! HA!

    ReplyDelete