Friday, March 8, 2013

Sketch It Out! Pockets and Clusters

One of my favorite ways to make sketches is to go back and look at past layouts. You may have heard me say this before. I tend to just place my photos and move them about on the layout with bits of paper to decide how I will place them. I can then go back and create a sketch based on that layout. Today's sketch is no exception.

I created this layout for Get It Scrapped's article about Multi Cluster Foundations. I had a lot of fun using pockets from some old jeans and some scraps of paper.













I used pockets, but I was very curious to see how others would interpret this sketch. Some of my fellow Scrapbook News and Review staffers used it for the sketch of the week.













I invite you to try reverse engineering a sketch from one of your own layouts. It's easy and you don't have to have photoshop. Simply break your layout apart into basic shapes. What you may find is that you have a go to design. After you have reverse engineered your sketch, look at your other layouts. You might see the same design repeat again and again. This isn't bad. It just means you know a little more about your process. Knowing your process helps you scrap faster and use your supplies more efficiently. It's a win-win!

P.S.This is a Calvinball drive by. During Calvinball, we fling a little smack talk and a little bit of inspiration. Consider this a shot of inspiration and check out these other Calvinbloggers.
Doris Sander
Betsy Sammarco
Evie aka artfulscrapbooking
Lori at legacy studios
Lydia Smith
Natalie Elphinstone
Rita Timmons
Sharyn Tormanen



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment