Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pregnancy Cravings and Retro Branding

I have to confess that I have not included very much in my albums about my pregnancy or, for that matter,the years prior to my son. Life before my him was without a digital camera. In fact, we only got one once he was born. My son is now twelve and I have been slowly trying to rectify the lack of documentation prior to his birth. It need not be done all at once. I don't want to feel overwhelmed by it. I do from time to time become inspired to add something to the album.

Recently, my husband made a a reference to some biscuits. I ended up making some for dinner as a little joke. The next morning, I made egg and cheese biscuits which immediately reminded me of one of my pregnancy cravings. I thought it might be fun to make a layout about all of my pregnancy cravings. I used the photo of our morning biscuits and set to work looking at the Get It Scrapped Retro Branding vision board for some inspiration. The cool thing about retro branding is that you get a classic look that's also trendy.

Cravings by Christy Strickler Supplies| CardStock: Coredintaions; Patterned Paper: Pebbles: Alphas: American Crafts; Ink: Clearsnap;Pen: Signo; Punch: Fiskars; Other: Electrical Tape


Many of the retro looks and themes like bursts and faux bois are making quite a comeback. I paired mine with the bright colors of a retro style sprite crate to keep mine feeling fun and fresh.






Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. the color combos on this are stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete