Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sketch It Out! Homeschool, Faux Bois and LOAD213






Tuesday is both hectic and calm all at the same time. How can that be? Well, my son has two on-line classes which equal close to 4 hours of his school day. So I say that it's hectic since his studies keep him occupied. It's calm because I get a little me time while he is in class. That's a nice chunk of time. I should perhaps, do housework. However, my son informed me that I distract him while I do so. Now I consider it quiet time for me to work in my scrap space.

Though I wasn't short on time, I did have two webinars to attend for Masterful Scrapbook Design. I chose this sketch from Life Paper Scrapbook.


The daily Load prompt centered around something you have done for love. I decided to document the first apartment that my husband and I shared. Making a home together is definitely something one does for love. A wood grain motif seemed the perfect canvas for the layout. Not only does it go along with the Amy Tangerine paper, it also signifies how we built a life together. I am hoping that symbolism will translate into the design enough that the layout won't simply be regarded as one that used a trend back in the days of 2013.

Our First Home by Christy Strickler Supplies| Cardstock: Coredinations; Patterned Paper: Amy Tangerine, Pebbles; Alphas: sassafrass; Die Cuts, Stickers: Amy Tangerine; Buttons: Basic Grey; Sketch: Life, Paper Scrapbook



You might recall my mentioning how I love 6x6 paper pads. I used one here. Do you see that little strip of black patterned paper in the middle of the house paper? It's covering a seam. I cut a piece of 6x6 paper in half, then matted it on brown cardstock to form one long strip. Sometimes it takes a little ingenuity to use a 6x6 pad.

I am also loving the idea of using more of my Coredinations cardstock. I sanded this with a nail file to bring out the wood grain print. I didn't love the powder it left behind. To keep the alphabet stickers from falling off, I added a bit of glossy accents.

What have you done for love? It's a great prompt which can be used to document your role as a parent, spouse or even a friend. I invite you to explore your options and use it as a prompt for one of your next layouts.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Really love this one Christy! The wood grain is perfect for the theme of your page, as well as the Amy Tan line. The pops of color from the AT flowers look great against the White wood grain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome Christy,thanks for playing along with us at LPS !

    ReplyDelete