Thursday, December 27, 2012

Journal Your Christmas 2012: A catch Up Post

I may not have been blogging about my Journal Your Christmas entries on a daily basis, but I have been mindful of them. Some days, I have just taken a photo. Other days, I sit a reflect on the prompt. A few prompts have resulted in layouts or ideas for layouts. I have jotted down notes for future journaling. Overall, it has been a much more relaxing experience then trying to keep up with a December Daily. There isn't any pressure to make the layout now. The prompts are there when I am ready to scrapbook them. I plan to participate again next year.

Early in the month, I created this layout using subway art from Jennifer Wilson's simple scrapper website. The layout is part of what Christmas cozy is to me. Happiness during the holidays is watching our cats play, enjoying the glow of the holiday lights, and the activities with my son. My husband always works pretty close to the holidays. After all, he is in the resort and theme park business. So we stay home for the holidays. Home is a nice quiet refuge from the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping and throngs of tourists.





Kitten in the Christmas Tree by Christy Strickler Supplies| Patterned Paper: Crate Paper, Fancy Pants; Alphas: My Little Shoebox; Stickers: October Afternoon: Chipboard: Crate Paper: Buttons: Basic Grey; Trim: Making Memories; Tape: Queen and Company; Flowers: Recollections; Subway Art: SimpleScrapper.Com

 The weather was warm this year for Christmas. We have our AC back on again. I guess you could say that the tourists are happy. We have been making some holiday crafts, watching movies and playing video games. We always watch Christmas Vacation. Today is a bit rainy, which means I will be in my scrap space. Time to rethink how I have it organized. Time to look forward to some goals for 2013.Maybe I will make a few page bases today while my son plays with his friends. After all, we will soon be back to the hustle and bustle that is homeschool










Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Love this one Christy!! The Pink background is great and I love the grid design you created and the subway art look!

    ReplyDelete