Friday, November 30, 2012

Kit it Out: Journal Your Christmas 2012 Edition

Every year when December Daily comes around, I want to buy one of the kits. However, I never do so.  I have a ton of holiday papers already. When it comes to themed patterned paper, a little really goes a long way. I tell myself that I need to use up those older papers before I buy more. I start off on the right track only to realize how disenchanted I am with the older supplies. This year, I chose to remedy that by scraplifting a December Daily kit.

I found myself drawn to the Studio Calico kit. I liked the blend of vintage with the chevrons and faux bois patterns. I was inspired by the use of ledger papers and pops of bright color. Using their December Daily kit as inspiration, I created a kit to which I can add color using mist, ribbon,wood shapes or other supplies as needed to match my photos. Think of it as a sort of neutral base set of supplies.




Kit Contents Include: Papers by Jenni Bowlin Studios, Fancy Pants, Anna Griffn, Scenic Route, Studio Calico and Basic Grey. Stickers by October Afternoon. Doilies by Recollections. Tapes by Recollections, Queen and Co., Target. Buttons by Basic Grey. Stamp by American crafts. Not Shown: wood holiday shapes and letters from Pink Paislee

I will also be using papers from my November and December JBS Mercantile Kits. I was the guest designer at JBS Mercantile during November and especially loved the mini album kit. It will be perfect for scrapbooking the holidays.

I feel a little more ready for the first prompt tomorrow. The only think I did not accomplish was to pre-make the Lego advent calendar layout. My son was around too much and I was afraid he would get suspicious. I will begin the layout tomorrow though. At least I plan to. We shall see after I get a look at tomorrow's prompt!


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your Lego layout!!! I have photos from our Lego advent kits of years past that haven't been scrapped yet ;)

    ReplyDelete