Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pockets and Clusters

I love layouts with pockets on them. I have been wanting to create one since forever. I finally jumped in and did just that when I realized it was perfect for an assignment at Get it Scrapped. Both physically and symbolically  pockets hold things. For this layout, I used them to represent how my heart is full of love for my husband and son.

My Heart is Like a Pocket by Christy Strickler Supplies| Cardstock: Colorbok; Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants; Alphas: Pink Paislee, American Crafts; Embossing Folder: Spellbinders; tape: My Mind’s Eye; Other: denim pockets, paperclips

I cut the pockets from a couple of old jeans. I love the texture and weight of the denim. It adds a masculine touch to the page and despite the theme, keeps it from feeling too frilly. I chose to anchor them to the page with white embossed cardstock. I added clusters of fussy cut hearts. I wanted it to seem like my heart is overflowing.

Though the pockets act as a symbol, they can also physically hold notes for my husband and son. I love them both in different ways. Giving them each a pocket represents that. It allows me to write a separate message to each while keeping the theme of the page cohesive.

Stepping away from my traditional page designs was fun. If you'd like ideas for creating pages with clusters, check out this article from Get It Scrapped:


No comments:

Post a Comment