Thursday, September 27, 2012

Tales of a Craft Class Junkie:Kit-tastic and Critiques

  I can't believe it's already the end of September. Earlier this month,  I shared my class schedule with you. Many of the classes were wrapping up or started mid-month. Currently, I am in week two of both the Guided Study Critique and Kit-tastic classes. What I never expected was for the two classes to work so well together. This week, both classes are really focusing on the use of contrast.

Though I was somewhat aware of contrast in art, I never truly thought about it when I created kits or layouts. After this past week, I definitely will make a point to use it in my memory keeping. I do have some layouts to share with you from my Guided Study Critique class, but for right now, I would like to share my kits with you. I finally had time to sit down and create a couple.

I do plan to use up my JBS Mercantile Kits. I have been subscribing since the spring and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the September kit.That may sound weird, but it does take a little while to get to me. The nice thing about these kits is how well they mix and match together.

The first kit I compiled took very little effort. I was challenged to break something open. I had the Geo-hectic paper pad and embellishments in my stash and have never used them. I think it will be a wonderful way to document my son's first ride n a hellicopter. I added some metal embellishments  to the mix. I like the contrast of the bright colors with the gold and the black.







 Kit two is my take of the Soliel collection from Basic Grey. It's on my wish list but not in my budget. I decided to go through some of my older Sassafrass products in the hopes I could get a similar set of papers to the Soliel collection. I added some Making memories ribbons and a roll of green polka dot washi tape.











Tonight, I have my second meeting for the Guided Study Critique class. I am learning more about myself as well as design. I am really hoping my internet connection cooperates!

No comments:

Post a Comment