Monday, September 3, 2012

Kit it Out: Creating a School Themed Kit

I love making my own kits. It's not that I don't like pre-made kits or the ones from kit clubs. It's due to the fact that I can not buy every single kit I like. It does take a little time and practice. However, once you start making them, you get faster and have a more intimate knowledge of what's in your stash and where it's located. In short, you become a faster memory keeper. You have either the kit you just made to work with or you remember seeing that perfect paper when you were making the kit.

Scrapbook News and Review magazine has a back to school event on their blog all week long. To kick things off, I made my own school themed kit.
SchoolKit.CS.jpg


Kit Contents: Patterned Paper: Basic grey, Jenni Bowlin, Pink Paislee,October Afternoon,Crate Paper and Jillibean Soup;Stamp:K and Company; Stencil: Jenni Bowlin; Tape: My Mind's Eye; Other: Library cards, electrical tape











For tips and tricks to make your own school themed kit, head on over to the SNR blog!

1 comment:

  1. Great kit, Christy!! I put together one over the weekend, based on a SC kit! It's a lot of fun and makes putting your layouts together go much faster!

    ReplyDelete