Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Photos With Bears and Other Animals

Sometimes my son hates it when I play the role of Mammarazzi. Other times, he actually makes requests. This was one such occasion, though, I believe that towards the end of the day, he was regretting his request. My husband had taken us along on a business trip to a conference in Aspen,Colorado. Throughout Aspen and Snowmass, we saw a variety of statues. Most of them featured bears. My son had the grand idea that I should take his photo with every statue we saw. I was quite happy to comply, for as soon as he made the request, scrapbook layout ideas had begun to swirl in my head.

Photos with Bears and Other Animals by Christy StricklerSupplies: Cardstock: American Crafts; Alphas: Sassafrass, October Afternoon
Chipboard and Stickers: October Afternoon; Other: DMC Floss

We don't camp a lot, so I took the opportunity to use the cutesy camping theme stickers and chipboard elements. Try to think out of the box with your supplies. Just because something was designed to go with a camping theme doesn't mean you have to use it that way. I sewed a trail throughout the page to signify our walk through town. It also helps lead the viewer through the page.

When exploring a city, look for unique landmarks like these to document your journey. For more ideas for scrapbooking about cities, check out this article at Get It Scrapped:

12 Ideas for Scrapbooking Travel To Cities 



No comments:

Post a Comment