Tuesday, August 14, 2012

One Shelf at a Time: Washi Tape



It was not so very long ago when I lacked a supply of washi tape. While I still don't have a ton of it, I did manage to get a little bit more for some upcoming projects. I guess it's good I don't have a lot of this stuff available to me locally, or I might go way overboard with it.  So now that I have just a little, I had to make some decisions about how to store it so that I get the best use of the tape.

Since I work for several creative teams, it is necessary for me to know who manufactures the products I use. I store all of my supplies by type, color or theme, and then sometimes, by manufacturer. I knew right away that I would store the tape by color, but I needed a way to label it by manufacturer. My first though was to make some ultra cute tags. This idea was nixed this morning. When I entered my craft space, I discovered my son's kitten, Ju Ju Bee had decided she wanted a craft party of her own. I spent about 20 minutes or so cleaning up her creative play. Tags would be too much of a temptation for her. Instead, I used a fine tip marker to write the name of the manufacturer on the cardboard and plastic tape rolls.

Initially I had a shelf with dowel rods attached. I had hoped to put the tape rolls there but I discovered a problem. If I needed to remove a roll to measure the tape I wanted for a project, then I had to take the whole rod off. It would be a pain. My cat sealed the deal that I would not be using the dowel rods. She stole the end caps which then were broken. I then decided to just remove the whole rod and stack the tape by color on the shelf.

I like the way the colorful stacks sit on the shelf. I can see what I need and access it with ease. Maybe someday I will get some more washi tape. For now, this suits my needs just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment